TACTIC Open Source
Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - samaya - 10-09-2019

Hi Guys,

um trying to install Tactic 4.7 on centos 7 and im facing some issues with the database so I will appreciate your help.

Code:
Copying files to the install directory... It may take several minutes.

Creating a symlink at [/home/apache/tactic]...

Verifying Python modules are properly installed...

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
Creating TACTIC temp directories:  /home/apache/tactic_temp
Changing directory ownership of temp and data directories
Creating database 'sthpw' ...

('create: ', 'createdb -h localhost -U postgres -p 5432 -E UNICODE "sthpw"')
could not identify current directory: No such file or directory
Importing sql to database [sthpw]...
   using path [/home/apache/tactic/src/pyasm/search/upgrade/postgresql/bootstrap_schema.sql]
('Error with query (ProgrammingError): ', 'sthpw', 'CREATE TABLE "login" (\n    "id" serial PRIMARY KEY,\n    "code" character varying(512),\n    "login" character varying(100) NOT NULL,\n    "password" character varying(255),\n    "upn" character varying(100) NOT NULL,\n    "login_groups" text,\n    "first_name" character varying(100),\n    "last_name" character varying(100),\n    "display_name" character varying(256),\n    "email" character varying(200),\n    "phone_number" character varying(32),\n    "department" character varying(256),\n    "namespace" character varying(255),\n    "snapshot" text,\n    "s_status" character varying(30),\n    "project_code" text,\n    "license_type" character varying(256),\n    "hourly_wage" float,\n    "data" jsonb,\n    CONSTRAINT "login_code_idx" UNIQUE ("code"),\n    CONSTRAINT "login_upn_idx" UNIQUE ("upn")\n)')
type "jsonb" does not exist
LINE 20:     "data" jsonb,
                    ^

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/TACTIC-4.7-Python3/src/install/install.py", line 893, in <module>
    install.execute(install_db=install_db,install_defaults=install_defaults,database_type=database_type, port_num=port_num )
  File "/tmp/TACTIC-4.7-Python3/src/install/install.py", line 331, in execute
    database.import_schema(project_code, project_type)
  File "/home/apache/tactic/src/pyasm/search/database_impl.py", line 236, in import_schema
    self.import_sql_file(db_resource, schema_path)
  File "/home/apache/tactic/src/pyasm/search/database_impl.py", line 212, in import_sql_file
    sql.do_update(cmd)
  File "/home/apache/tactic/src/pyasm/search/sql.py", line 877, in do_update
    raise SqlException(str(e))
pyasm.search.sql.SqlException: type "jsonb" does not exist
LINE 20:     "data" jsonb,
                    ^

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - Celton McGrath - 10-09-2019

Hi Samaya,

What database are you using? (ie. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)

Thanks,

Celton

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - samaya - 10-09-2019

I'm using (PostgreSQL) 9.2.24

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - remkonoteboom - 10-10-2019

The data type jsonb is only supported on Postgres 9.4 and newer. We are using the jsonb data type more and more and 4.7 is likely depenedent on it.

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - samaya - 10-10-2019

(10-10-2019, 03:21 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: The data type jsonb is only supported on Postgres 9.4 and newer.  We are using the jsonb data type more and more and 4.7 is likely depenedent on it.

thanks, upgrading the postgresql to 9.6 solved for the database but now im facing other issue when im trying to execute the service in dev mode, the page just stais in loading and qhen i check my console this is what i see.

Code:
[root@localhost TACTIC-4.7-Python3]# su apache -s /bin/bash -c "python /home/apache/tactic/src/bin/startup_dev.py"

Data Directory [/home/apache/tactic_data]
Asset Directory [/home/apache/assets]
Temp Directory [/home/apache/tactic_temp]
Config path [/home/apache/tactic_data/config/tactic-conf.xml]
Registering project ... admin
Registering project ... default
Initializing Workflow Engine
Starting Scheduler ....

Starting TACTIC v4.7.0.a07 ...

WARNING: Ticket [*********************************] is not valid
('WARNING: ', AttributeError("'Index' object has no attribute 'plugins'",))
WARNING:
('    status: ', '404 Not Found')
('    message: ', "The path '/tactic/plugins/pdfjs/web/viewer.js' was not found.")
('    site: ', '')
('    project_code: ', 'plugins')
WARNING:
('    message: ', "The path '/tactic/plugins/pdfjs/build/pdf.js' was not found.")
WARNING:
('    message: ', "The path '/tactic/plugins/pdfjs/build/pdf.js' was not found.")
WARNING:
('    message: ', "The path '/tactic/plugins/pdfjs/web/viewer.js' was not found.")

I though that was a permission issue so I set the permissions on all the files to 777 just to test but no luck

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - remkonoteboom - 10-11-2019

You should get a final line saying:

Starting TACTIC v4.7.0.a11 ...

For some reason, if your run startup.py, it gives more information:

[03/Oct/2019:21:53:14] ENGINE Bus STARTING
[03/Oct/2019:21:53:14] ENGINE Serving on http://127.0.0.1:8081
[03/Oct/2019:21:53:14] ENGINE Bus STARTED

What does it say when you run startup.py. My guess is that TACTIC is not able to secure whatever port you have it set to in your tactic config file ($TACTIC_DATA_DIR/config/tactic-conf.xml) and it is waiting for that port to free up.

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - samaya - 10-15-2019

(10-11-2019, 07:20 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: You should get a final line saying:

Starting TACTIC v4.7.0.a11 ...

For some reason, if your run startup.py, it gives more information:

[03/Oct/2019:21:53:14] ENGINE Bus STARTING
[03/Oct/2019:21:53:14] ENGINE Serving on http://127.0.0.1:8081
[03/Oct/2019:21:53:14] ENGINE Bus STARTED

What does it say when you run startup.py.  My guess is that TACTIC is not able to secure whatever port you have it set to in your tactic config file ($TACTIC_DATA_DIR/config/tactic-conf.xml) and it is waiting for that port to free up.

your guess was right, after using fuser to identify the rouge process using the port 8081 and kill it I'm able to start  the app,

now im trying to fix some plugins that appear as 404 and broken icons that appear on the page.

Code:
WARNING:
WARNING:
WARNING:
WARNING:

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - remkonoteboom - 10-15-2019

Don't worry about those. We were testing a PDF viewer and it seems this reference was left in the source code. We'll remove those references.

They are harmless and won't affect the operation of TACTIC.

RE: Tactic 4.7.0.a07 on Centos7 installation issues - samaya - 10-16-2019

(10-15-2019, 03:30 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: Don't worry about those.  We were testing a PDF viewer and it seems this reference was left in the source code.  We'll remove those references.

They are harmless and won't affect the operation of TACTIC.

Thanks, now hopefully this is the last error to attack in this installation, every time I go to the admin site => global => system config this pop up appears:

ReferenceError: log is not defined

the strange is that the log path has already been set up on the tactic-config.xml file so my question is, do I need to set this up somewhere else?