TACTIC Open Source
little help with templates - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: little help with templates (/showthread.php?tid=86)

little help with templates - ederjagreda - 03-27-2020

Hello guys!

I am  trying to create a basic template ,and since there are already some like vfx, etc, I started  cloning one of the zips, renaming files when needed, and also values inside files.

The idea was to start working once this worked, but it doesn´t . It does not even appear in the project template view.

Any help would be appreciated

cheers!!

RE: little help with templates - listy - 03-27-2020

Hi!
You can create a project, mark it as a "Template" and then generate zip from it.

RE: little help with templates - ederjagreda - 03-27-2020

Thank you !!!

I did that and it worked perfectly, and also I assume an event was triggered in some way and the other preset I first created cloning vfx , appared also as an option.

Cheers

RE: little help with templates - ederjagreda - 03-29-2020

Hello again Blush,

as I mentioned in the  former post. I managed to create new templates, but there is something I m not able yet to do.

Since I want to use tactic for a tv spots production,  that means a  lot of projects will be created, there are some thing that I would like to have by default.For this specific example,I would like to have assetTypes already defined : character, prop, element, etc.

I know its possible,using plugins, and I already started reading about them, but since we will always use the same types, it would be nice, to have them when creating the project.

What I tried so far:

1.Create a new project, using vfx template  , and mark project as template, create needed asset Types, and then generate a zip file.But, when a new project is created using this project template, it does not have those asset types created.

2.I took a look a t vfx template, since I realized that  in project configuration there are some  entries already created like in naming where  2 entries are found by default.

I found  a line in the manifest.xml that says : "<sobject search_type="config/naming" seq_max="2"/>" and also a file called config_naming.spt where entries where created. I tried to replicate this  adding a line to the xml file :       <sobject search_type="config/asset_type" seq_max="2"/> and also created a file called config_asset_type.spt where I created an entry:

#-- Start Entry --#
insert = SearchType.create('config/asset_type')
insert.set_value('code', """Character""")
insert.set_value('description', """test""")
#-- End Entry --#

But this does not work, When I try to create  a project based on this modified template, I get an error that says search type[config/asset_type] not registered.

Sorry for the long post, and any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

RE: little help with templates - listy - 03-30-2020

(03-29-2020, 01:49 AM)ederjagreda Wrote: Hello again Blush,

as I mentioned in the  former post. I managed to create new templates, but there is something I m not able yet to do.

Since I want to use tactic for a tv spots production,  that means a  lot of projects will be created, there are some thing that I would like to have by default.For this specific example,I would like to have assetTypes already defined : character, prop, element, etc.

I know its possible,using plugins, and I already started reading about them, but since we will always use the same types, it would be nice, to have them when creating the project.

What I tried so far:

1.Create a new project, using vfx template  , and mark project as template, create needed asset Types, and then generate a zip file.But, when a new project is created using this project template, it does not have those asset types created.

2.I took a look a t vfx template, since I realized that  in project configuration there are some  entries already created like in naming where  2 entries are found by default.

I found  a line in the manifest.xml that says : "<sobject search_type="config/naming" seq_max="2"/>" and also a file called config_naming.spt where entries where created. I tried to replicate this  adding a line to the xml file :       <sobject search_type="config/asset_type" seq_max="2"/> and also created a file called config_asset_type.spt where I created an entry:

#-- Start Entry --#
insert = SearchType.create('config/asset_type')
insert.set_value('code', """Character""")
insert.set_value('description', """test""")
#-- End Entry --#

But this does not work, When I try to create  a project based on this modified template, I get an error that says search type[config/asset_type] not registered.

Sorry for the long post, and any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers
If i understand you right, you want some SObjects to be created when you create new project from template?
I am not shure it is possible. You can PM me and we can have some Telegram conversation about what you want to manage

RE: little help with templates - ederjagreda - 03-31-2020

hello and thanks for answering,

about the question, that is exactly what I am trying to do, based on vfx template

Will pm you.

Cheers