TACTIC Open Source
/how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: /how to assign task ? what am i missing ? (/showthread.php?tid=84)

/how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - fxside - 03-25-2020

hi there,

i have quickly created this test project. with some shots & added a basic three task of light comp and render to these many shots. And quickly created a user and assigned a task to him. As you can see in the screenshot.-

for some reason when i am logging in as the user to which task is assigned"artist07". Its not reflecting. As if I have not assigned any task. How the user will get his assigned task. M I missing something? plz reply.

RE: /how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - rajavinoth - 03-26-2020

Hi,

Did you configure project security and user permissions and display filters?

RE: /how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - lwinmoe - 03-26-2020

Hi,

When you log in as the user, do you see "My TACTIC" on the sidebar? On mine, it has "My Tasks". Please see the screenshot.

[attachment=46]

Please note that I am using this with TACTIC version 4.7.

RE: /how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - fxside - 03-26-2020

(03-26-2020, 05:19 AM)rajavinoth Wrote: Hi,

Did you configure project security and user permissions and display filters?
yes i did. I also did first mid permission and then i gave all permission to see maybe if that's the case ? but nothing is reflecting

(03-26-2020, 12:58 PM)lwinmoe Wrote: Hi,

When you log in as the user, do you see "My TACTIC" on the sidebar? On mine, it has "My Tasks". Please see the screenshot.

Please note that I am using this with TACTIC version 4.7.
 login as what user? As admin, yes it is showing. but as an artist07 normal user its not even loading with the dark theme. as if i have not allotted him any task.

maybe I am missing this: To trigger the start of the workflow, we set the first process to pending.

website link : http://community.southpawtech.com/docs/quick-start/quick-start-workflow/

I'll try to do this first.

RE: /how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - lwinmoe - 03-27-2020

In my case, I had to put the user in a group, which has permission to the project.

Code:
<rules>
  <rule group="project" code="my_project" access="allow"/>
  <rule group="builtin" default="deny"/>
  <rule group="builtin" key="view_side_bar" access="allow"/>
</rules>

I also needed to set the access level to be high. Not sure it's a good idea, though.

RE: /how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - listy - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 02:58 PM)lwinmoe Wrote: I also needed to set the access level to be high. Not sure it's a good idea, though.

Access Level Min: Can see some projects and sTypes.

Access Level Low: Default Access Level. Can see what min sees and all the processes.

Access Level Medium: Can see what low sees and all the projects.

Access Level High: Can see what medium sees and all the links.

If access level set to None only the rules is taking into account

RE: /how to assign task ? what am i missing ? - fxside - 03-30-2020

(03-27-2020, 07:45 PM)listy Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 02:58 PM)lwinmoe Wrote: I also needed to set the access level to be high. Not sure it's a good idea, though.

Access Level Min: Can see some projects and sTypes.

Access Level Low: Default Access Level. Can see what min sees and all the processes.

Access Level Medium: Can see what low sees and all the projects.

Access Level High: Can see what medium sees and all the links.

If access level set to None only the rules is taking into account

hi guys sorry for the late reply. I wasn't able to get back due to some circumstances. I really appreciate your feedback & really need it as well. Getting your replies during these tough times is very appreciable (especially what's going around the world(covid19)). Please be safe, be at home. 

So, Something was wrong I don't know, I just uninstall & install it And it worked.
I am just warming up tactic before going on floor with it. but that was scary. 

Ok, for now to answer all,
- I am using it on my average laptop on windows10 and running "EPL Open Source Self-contained SQLite Install Good for Exploring Version 4.5.0.v01"
- Also as I was assuming initially to keep task allotted to a user as pending. But that didn't work. It only worked when I started all from scratch. 

For now, I am planning to use Tactic for VFX & using blender for now. So I wanted to know few things.  But ill post it in different subject i believe.

Thanks a lot, @listy, @rajavinoth & @lwinmoe. I think i was lost somewhere. let me start from scratch and then I will buzz you a query.