TACTIC Open Source
continious popup on refresh - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: continious popup on refresh (/showthread.php?tid=68)

continious popup on refresh - m_lokeshkumar - 01-18-2020

Hi All,

I just installed tactic in my machine with all required things and i can able to see the main page.

But I am getting a weird message everytime I refresh the webpage. Error popup says as below

Server Error: method "ERRORMETHOD" is not supported

Can anyone please help me with this.

I am using Windows server 2008 R2 standard SP1

tactic server started using below command 
python <tactic installation path>/bin/startup.py

Regards,
Lokesh Kumar M

RE: continious popup on refresh - remkonoteboom - 01-21-2020

The only place that I can find ERRORMETHOD is from the Cherrypy libraries. If you run startup_dev.py is there any output?

RE: continious popup on refresh - m_lokeshkumar - 01-21-2020

[attachment=41 Wrote:remkonoteboom pid='336' dateline='1579566528']The only place that I can find ERRORMETHOD is from the Cherrypy libraries.  If you run startup_dev.py is there any output?

Hi,

I can see few errors in console saying 

WARNING CherryPyStartup:  'SitePage' object has no attribute 'plugins'

and also few errors saying .js files are missing..

I had attached console output txt file in this post.

Update
Below errors are displaying in the output log when i get that popup dialog

python startup.py

Quote:Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Program Files/Southpaw/tactic/3rd_party/python3/site-packages\cherryp
y\_cprequest.py", line 628, in respond
    self._do_respond(path_info)
y\_cprequest.py", line 687, in _do_respond
    response.body = self.handler()
y\lib\encoding.py", line 219, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
y\_cpdispatch.py", line 54, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
y\_cptools.py", line 381, in default
    raise Exception('method "%s" is not supported' % attr)
Exception: method "ERRORMETHOD" is not supported

Regards,
Lokesh Kumar M

RE: continious popup on refresh - remkonoteboom - 01-21-2020

This is not even reaching TACTIC code. I believe it may be a CherryPy bug as seen in the stack trace. I will try upgrading CherryPy. It looks like there are newer versions:

CherryPy-18.5.0.tar.gz
cheroot-6.5.5.tar.gz

TACTIC does ship with some modules, mostly because we have seen changes in modules that required changes in TACTIC code so we ship with ones that we know will work. If you wish, you can try upgrading them yourself in the folder:

C:/Program Files/Southpaw/tactic/3rd_party/python3/site-packages

Otherwise, we're going have to do a bit of testing here to make sure that it works with everything else we have before introducing a new version of CherryPy.

RE: continious popup on refresh - dankitchen - 04-09-2020

Hey Remko,

I wanted to check if you were able to figure this one out.  I just installed a new FC30 server on AWS and I get this error quite often.  Most of the time, it happens once (ie when I go to save) then I can immediately try the same action again and it works

Thanks!
-Dan

EDIT - After getting the service to run correctly this doesn't appear to be happening so not sure if that would be related.

RE: continious popup on refresh - remkonoteboom - 04-16-2020

I have been working on an older VM using FC25 and this never happened. Last week, I upgraded to FC31 and confirm that this is annoyingly happening to me as well. I am not sure what could be causing this. I put in a few debug statements and it is not even reaching TACTIC code. This occurs within CherryPy itself. It appears that somewhere along the line CherryPy loses the request info completely (it is empty) and then marks the method called as "ERRORMETHOD" which doesn't exist.

I know TACTIC is not sending an empty XMLRPC message to CherryPy, so it appears that it is being lost. However, the fact that it run perfectly well using the same CherryPy code on FC25 leads me to believe that it may not even be CherryPy's fault, but an underlying Python library which has different versions between the Fedora versions.

Note that most of our customers are running CentOS or RHEL and we haven't experienced this. It could also be Python 3, however, I was running Python 3 on FC 25.

RE: continious popup on refresh - remkonoteboom - 04-24-2020

Just an update on this. I tried some debugging on this and couldn't find anything that we could actually control. It appears that even CherryPy is just responding to an empty request given to it. Since this version of CherryPy works find on Fedora 25, it is likely an issue in a dependent python library.

So, I did a yum (dnf) update, which updated a bunch of packages (hadn't done this yet on my Fedora 31 dev VM) and it updated about 200+ packages. And the problem seemed to have cleared up. I haven't seen the message in a couple of days now.