TACTIC Open Source
Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? (/showthread.php?tid=58)

Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - EricTsuei - 12-17-2019

I already delete non-project stype's column  in this link: /tactic/admin/link/manage_search_types

but I find the column I already delete still in other projects.

example:
now I am in project name  "TEST".
I add a column in stype "Project" and name it budget.

then I switch to Project,Tactic and only this project can manage non-project's stype
then I delete it in this link /tactic/admin/link/manage_search_types
in tactic project the column is already delete.
but I switch back yo project "TEST", the column still there. so how to delete the column?

RE: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - rajavinoth - 12-17-2019

Hi,

If you wan't to remove a column from existing project, you have to delete in all projects individually. If you don't want this column in future projects remove it from template project and update the template.

RE: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - EricTsuei - 12-18-2019

(12-17-2019, 10:16 AM)rajavinoth Wrote: Hi,

If you wan't to remove a column from existing project, you have to delete in all projects individually. If you don't want this column in future projects remove it from template project and update the template.

but I can't manage this non-project stype from other project. only can manage it in "admin" project.

RE: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - listy - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 12:57 AM)EricTsuei Wrote:

but I can't manage this non-project stype from other project. only can manage it in "admin" project.
You can check table with XML definitions and manually cut-off all xmls that you don't need.

RE: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - EricTsuei - 12-18-2019

(12-18-2019, 06:18 AM)listy Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 12:57 AM)EricTsuei Wrote:

You can check table with XML definitions and manually cut-off all xmls that you don't need.
no, that's not helping, I can still get the column in java or python api that I am not needed.

RE: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - listy - 12-18-2019

You are getting column or its definition?
You can easily remove column from the stype table.

RE: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - EricTsuei - 12-19-2019

yes, in column manage, only can remove the visibility of it, but can't delete it.
in stype manage, can't see non project stype, like project, task... only can see asset, shot project stypes. so can't manage it in there.
but in project "tactic" stype manage page, can see all stype, but delete the column, only affects the tactic project, not in the project that I create the column , it's still there.

Ok, finally i find it , it's in the view/ edit current view, there's a trash icon can delete it.

RE: Why I can't delete non-project stype's column ? - Celton McGrath - 12-19-2019

Hi Eric,

Glad you figured it out in the end. To manage sTypes across projects I recommend using a plugin. A plugin can load stypes and column definitions into projects so that stypes and column definitions are consistent across all projects.

An example of a plugin with stypes and column definitions is available in this post:
http://forum.southpawtech.com/showthread.php?tid=55

All of this being said, there isn't an easy way to delete a single column without a custom script. You can use a custom script in your plugin (again, see example) to delete the column.

Also, we don't normally modify the Tactic/admin project. There is limited support for schema modifications made to the default project. We recommend creating projects, which have their own database, and creating tables and columns within your custom projects.

If you have any questions about best practice, or the plugin, please ask.

Best,

Celton