TACTIC Open Source
Custom themes and bootstrap - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Custom themes and bootstrap (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2

Custom themes and bootstrap - listy - 11-25-2019

Hello Everyone!

Now the market has a huge number of different themes that are written on JS.
Many of them are free and ready to be installed on any website. How difficult would it be to install and integrate such a thing into TACTIC?
Does anybody have similar experience?

For example, was it difficult to implement a similar theme in TACTIC in the form of a plugin?

Element:
https://element.eleme.io/#/en-US/theme/preview

I am going to try this by Myself. Don't know how it's hard will be...

RE: Custom themes and bootstrap - Celton McGrath - 11-25-2019

Hi Listy,

Great question. Custom theming of TACTIC is common practice. It is something Southpaw does for every custom solution they build for their clients. It is also done on the TACTIC Community site.

To create a custom theme, you only need to create a custom URL "/index" that overrides the TACTIC index. This can point to a widget or a custom layout.

TACTIC 4.7 is made compatible with jquery, so using modern JS libraries is now possible. 

Finally, as you can see with the TACTIC community site, we are hoping to include a major a revamp of the TACTIC index / admin index using bootstrap in TACTIC 4.8. We are still in the discovery phase, but it is looking promising.

- Celton

RE: Custom themes and bootstrap - listy - 11-25-2019

(11-25-2019, 03:24 PM)Celton McGrath Wrote: Hi Listy,

Great question. Custom theming of TACTIC is common practice. It is something Southpaw does for every custom solution they build for their clients. It is also done on the TACTIC Community site.

To create a custom theme, you only need to create a custom URL "/index" that overrides the TACTIC index. This can point to a widget or a custom layout.

TACTIC 4.7 is made compatible with jquery, so using modern JS libraries is now possible. 

Finally, as you can see with the TACTIC community site, we are hoping to include a major a revamp of the TACTIC index / admin index using bootstrap in TACTIC 4.8. We are still in the discovery phase, but it is looking promising.

- Celton
Thanks for the answer.

I will try to intagrate vue.js, as i still on the 4.5.

BTW Are You working with the Southpaw?

RE: Custom themes and bootstrap - Celton McGrath - 11-25-2019

Cool! Let us know how it goes.

Yes - I am currently with Southpaw. I love it because it means I have a reason to work on TACTIC everyday. Wink

(11-25-2019, 03:50 PM)Celton McGrath Wrote: Cool! Let us know how it goes.

Yes - I am currently with Southpaw. I love it because it means I have a reason to work on TACTIC everyday. Wink
Oh, this is my dream ...

(11-25-2019, 03:24 PM)Celton McGrath Wrote: Finally, as you can see with the TACTIC community site, we are hoping to include a major a revamp of the TACTIC index / admin index using bootstrap in TACTIC 4.8. We are still in the discovery phase, but it is looking promising.
Can we take a little look at this super secret new admin index with bootstrap in TACTIC 4.8?  Angel
If its look and feel will satisfy all of us, may be it's don't worth doing custom theming

RE: Custom themes and bootstrap - listy - 11-27-2019

Looks like i have some troubles getting custom theme working related to mako.
make did not allow running some js code exlicitly

RE: Custom themes and bootstrap - Celton McGrath - 11-28-2019

Hi Listy,

The migration of TACTIC to Bootstrap Material Design is going to be a gradual process. We are starting with the main page layout and navigation, and will move onto core widgets after. I hope I can share a screenshot or two in the coming days/weeks!

Including custom java script libraries if usually best done with the ProjectSetting key js_libraries or Config key <install><include_js>, both of which can be comma separated lists to files.

Hope this helps!
Celton

RE: Custom themes and bootstrap - listy - 11-28-2019

(11-28-2019, 12:21 AM)Celton McGrath Wrote: Hi Listy,

The migration of TACTIC to Bootstrap Material Design is going to be a gradual process. We are starting with the main page layout and navigation, and will move onto core widgets after. I hope I can share a screenshot or two in the coming days/weeks!

Including custom java script libraries if usually best done with the ProjectSetting key js_libraries or Config key <install><include_js>, both of which can be comma separated lists to files.

Hope this helps!
Celton
Yeah, i have installed custom js, but some things like:

Code:
    <el-button @click="visible = true">Button</el-button>
    <el-dialog :visible.sync="visible" title="Hello world">
      <p>Try Element</p>
    </el-dialog>
Can not even be saved in custom layout editor.

We all be waiting for screenshots with our fingers crossed

RE: Custom themes and bootstrap - Celton McGrath - 11-28-2019

Yes! The custom layout editor is picky! I think that we should definitely change the custom layout editor so that it accepts this type of code. I will put it into our backlog, and would invite you do fix this yourself as well.