TACTIC Open Source
Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements (/showthread.php?tid=231)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements - remkonoteboom - 07-21-2021

New commit in same pull request.  Rearrange css a bit so you can override with a custom layout css:

Code:
.vfx_shot_list_top .spt_table_header_content {
    text-align: center;
}

RE: Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements - listy - 07-21-2021

(07-21-2021, 05:49 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: New commit in same pull request.  Rearrange css a bit so you can override with a custom layout css:

Code:
.vfx_shot_list_top .spt_table_header_content {
    text-align: center;
}

text-align: left; is hardcoded to the header divs

Also i have some minor css changes for HiddenRow tablw view, is it welcoming?

RE: Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements - remkonoteboom - 07-21-2021

Is it still hard-coded because I tried in my VFX module and the above centering worked (after my last commit)

RE: Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements - Diego - 07-22-2021

(07-20-2021, 06:56 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: "hanging something on row with TaskElementWdg is not making row GREEN, so it thinks nothing is changed."

Can anyone with a bit of color sense suggest a better color than the "green" we have for rows with changes?

By instinct I'd go for a red, but it would be associated with an error.
Both Micorsoft Access and SAP go for a pinkish background, beekeper studio uses brown:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=152][Image: attachment.php?aid=151]

I did a couple of test with pink for light palette:
color = "rgba(247, 168, 171, 1.0)";
color2 = "rgba(247, 168, 171, 0.6)";

[Image: attachment.php?aid=149]

for the dark palette:
color = "rgba(87, 22, 43, 1.0)";
color2 = "rgba(87, 22, 43, 0.6)";

[Image: attachment.php?aid=150]

RE: Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements - listy - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 04:21 PM)Diego Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 06:56 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: "hanging something on row with TaskElementWdg is not making row GREEN, so it thinks nothing is changed."

Can anyone with a bit of color sense suggest a better color than the "green" we have for rows with changes?

Both Micorsoft Access and SAP go for a pinkish background, beekeper studio uses brown:

for the dark palette:

Wow, scary. Users will be scared too. I'd left that green or marine color.

And, by the way. Any changes should be saved immediately, without save button

(07-22-2021, 04:30 PM)listy Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 04:21 PM)Diego Wrote:

for the dark palette:

Wow, scary. Users will be scared too. I'd left that green or marine color.

And, by the way. Any changes should be saved immediately, without save button

Smile  You mean scary because it seems like an error or you don't like the color? I looked for any standard apps but I only found MS access

Yea most modern web application do that (i.e. google sheets), I'm not sure it would be a good idea for tactic with triggers...

(07-22-2021, 04:40 PM)Diego Wrote: [Image: smile.png]  You mean scary because it seems like an error or you don't like the color? I looked for any standard apps but I only found MS access

Yea most modern web application do that (i.e. google sheets), I'm not sure it would be a good idea for tactic with triggers...

It is looks like user did something what should be resolved asap!

100% users did changes and then go away absolutely sure everything is saved.
They all using modern devices and web apps, jira and etc. Save button even forgotten in Excel, Word, google docs. I am coding with PyCharm, and even there saving is automatic.
Users these days feel COMMON not to press save button, it is from early 20xx UI's

Thinking about triggers. What is the problem with them?

If someone want to change multiple tables > just select them with SHIFT, or with checkboxes on the left > change something > done!

(07-22-2021, 04:49 PM)listy Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 04:40 PM)Diego Wrote: [Image: smile.png]  You mean scary because it seems like an error or you don't like the color? I looked for any standard apps but I only found MS access

It is looks like user did something what should be resolved asap!

100% users did changes and then go away absolutely sure everything is saved.
They all using modern devices and web apps, jira and etc. Save button even forgotten in Excel, Word, google docs. I am coding with PyCharm, and even there saving is automatic.
Users these days feel COMMON not to press save button, it is from early 20xx UI's

Thinking about triggers. What is the problem with them?

If someone want to change multiple tables > just select them with SHIFT, or with checkboxes on the left > change something > done!

Yes I see your point, "my" users have the same "instinct".

RE: Converted TableLayoutWdg to use <div> elements - remkonoteboom - 07-22-2021

The difference between something like TACTIC and Google Sheets, etc is that data changes have little to no repercussions. For example, if I misspell a word in a Google doc or change a number in a spreadsheet, the worst that can happen is somebody sees that mistake as I quickly correct it.

However, if someone completes a task in TACTIC, it could spawn a render and who knows what else, depending on how a workflow is defined. So someone switching things back and forth could have can large consequences downstream. The way applications usually handle significant changes is by opening an "Are you sure?" popup. However, this is impractical on a spreadsheet like interface.

Or they have an edit form which popups and those always have a save button.

The save button provides a safety net. An action that force the user to think about the consequences of their actions by reviewing their changes. So if the save button is removed, we need to have a way where users cannot make little mistakes with drastic consequences.

(07-22-2021, 06:49 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: The save button provides a safety net.  An action that force the user to think about the consequences of their actions by reviewing their changes.  So if the save button is removed, we need to have a way where users cannot make little mistakes with drastic consequences.
Like changing the tasks statuses