TACTIC Open Source
The VFX plugin - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The VFX plugin (/showthread.php?tid=229)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The VFX plugin - Nachogor - 07-22-2021

This is the version I´m working now, to be adopted when we finally migrate from 4.5  to 4.8. This is basically it

EDIT: The image appeared as text, I´ll attach it.

We usually use our own systyem to drag and drop a quicktime and xml from editing suite and it automatically generates Episodes, Sequences and shots including a Thumbnail for the Preview image done with ffmpeg, because of this we moved Episode and Sequence to Auxiliar.

Planos means shots and it`s 3 views of the same Stype.

Only coordinators use this Views, and usually each one has its own, because artists use our Loader (kind of Tactic Handler, but waaaaaaaaaaay more basic)

Planos Shotgun is the same structure we need to upload information for some projects into Shotgun system, which right now we do by exporting a CSV and importing the thumbnails and CSV into shotgun and everything goes really smooth. Now we want to generate an API to expor directly from our Loader to Shotgun.
Planos Horizontal is not finished.

We have all the namings defined so it generates all the directory tree into our server.

We used this totally in house, inside the same building, and didn`t almost use Checkins (Only for template import for each project) THen our loader creates each shot for each artist based on this template predefined per software, per project. Now maybe being able to checkin stuff from home office would be great.

From our loader we can open Footage, renders, project versions, etc... with a right click on any shot.

If there`s any question just let me know. If this is usefull in any way to start a new template let`s do it. If it`s not, maybe it will be usefull to start talking about what does or does not work and design a new one all together.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QGxjtJy27num3jkinpHKDXGgJapKEEue?usp=sharing

We use to have many to many linking Sequences to Assets and shots but they were really unstable and we took them all. If they are stable we could redo those.

Cheers!
Nacho

RE: The VFX plugin - listy - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021, 04:51 PM)Nachogor Wrote: This is the version I´m working now, to be adopted when we finally migrate from 4.5  to 4.8. This is basically it

EDIT: The image appeared as text, I´ll attach it.

We usually use our own systyem to drag and drop a quicktime and xml from editing suite and it automatically generates Episodes, Sequences and shots including a Thumbnail for the Preview image done with ffmpeg, because of this we moved Episode and Sequence to Auxiliar.

Planos means shots and it`s 3 views of the same Stype.

Only coordinators use this Views, and usually each one has its own, because artists use our Loader (kind of Tactic Handler, but waaaaaaaaaaay more basic)

Planos Shotgun is the same structure we need to upload information for some projects into Shotgun system, which right now we do by exporting a CSV and importing the thumbnails and CSV into shotgun and everything goes really smooth. Now we want to generate an API to expor directly from our Loader to Shotgun.
Planos Horizontal is not finished.

We have all the namings defined so it generates all the directory tree into our server.

We used this totally in house, inside the same building, and didn`t almost use Checkins (Only for template import for each project) THen our loader creates each shot for each artist based on this template predefined per software, per project. Now maybe being able to checkin stuff from home office would be great.

From our loader we can open Footage, renders, project versions, etc... with a right click on any shot.

If there`s any question just let me know. If this is usefull in any way to start a new template let`s do it. If it`s not, maybe it will be usefull to start talking about what does or does not work and design a new one all together.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QGxjtJy27num3jkinpHKDXGgJapKEEue?usp=sharing

We use to have many to many linking Sequences to Assets and shots but they were really unstable and we took them all. If they are stable we could redo those.

Cheers!
Nacho
Looks great!
I think pipelines is somehow was not "applied"
must be Tactic bug...

And also ERROR: Search type [LaSP/tipo_de_assets] not registered

RE: The VFX plugin - Nachogor - 07-22-2021

Thanks!

I used to have 3 Stypes for type of assets. type of media and type of difficulty, but now I replaced them with SelectWdg and values predefined: Prop | Set | Personaje | Vehiculo | Vestimenta | Arquitectura
[LaSP/tipo_de_assets] is one I deleted, but it still appears somehow.

Pipelines look like the attached file, they are not loading?

If you are interested in using this as a base of another VFX template for Tactic I can upload a clean version tomorrow. This is a WIP and I can see lots of wrong stuff, like tipo_de_asset column instead of tipo in Assets3D Stype.

Cheers!
Nacho