TACTIC Open Source
Loading Tweak RV - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Loading Tweak RV (/showthread.php?tid=218)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Loading Tweak RV - Diego - 07-08-2021

Hi Remko,
sounds really interesting.
A quick tool to do basic reviews for animation or model turntables would be a great addition to tactic.
If you open source it I'm willing to help improve it.

RE: Loading Tweak RV - Nachogor - 07-08-2021

Yes it would be great. For some stuff we need to use syncsketch, but for tons of small things this seems to be good enough! It would be great!

RE: Loading Tweak RV - remkonoteboom - 07-09-2021

I have added the Review widget into the TACTIC 4.8 source code.

https://github.com/Southpaw-TACTIC/TACTIC/pull/1662/commits/1e658a55694fe68dfcc58b310d006eb3941adb09

There is nothing connected to it, but you can access it with a custom layout:

Code:
<element>
  <display class="tactic.ui.tools.ReviewWdg">
    <search_keys>sthpw/snapshot?code=SNAPSHOT00000438</search_keys>
  </display>
</element>

We should discuss where it should go in the VFX plugin UI.

There are a number flags.
search_keys can be a list of comma separate search_keys or a JSON list
custom_status has a number of modes which have to look at the code to see what they can do. 

There are some issues.
1. At the moment, it only opens at a width of 800px.  There is no good reason for this, of course,  but I will have to look at why this is hard coded at the moment.
2. It is not clear based on the custom_status values where note actually goes.  Some work or suggestions are needed to make this better.
3. The drawing mechanism is functional but if you go to scribble too fast, it does miss.  I think this can be improved, but it does work.

The code is at: <TACTIC_INSTALL_DIR>/src/tactic/ui/tools/review_wdg.py

RE: Loading Tweak RV - Diego - 07-12-2021

This is great, thank you Remko for sharing!

RE: Loading Tweak RV - listy - 07-12-2021

(07-09-2021, 09:48 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: I have added the Review widget into the TACTIC 4.8 source code.

https://github.com/Southpaw-TACTIC/TACTIC/pull/1662/commits/1e658a55694fe68dfcc58b310d006eb3941adb09

There is nothing connected to it, but you can access it with a custom layout:

Code:
<element>
  </display>
</element>

We should discuss where it should go in the VFX plugin UI.

There are a number flags.
search_keys can be a list of comma separate search_keys or a JSON list
custom_status has a number of modes which have to look at the code to see what they can do. 

There are some issues.
1. At the moment, it only opens at a width of 800px.  There is no good reason for this, of course,  but I will have to look at why this is hard coded at the moment.
2. It is not clear based on the custom_status values where note actually goes.  Some work or suggestions are needed to make this better.
3. The drawing mechanism is functional but if you go to scribble too fast, it does miss.  I think this can be improved, but it does work.

The code is at: <TACTIC_INSTALL_DIR>/src/tactic/ui/tools/review_wdg.py
Checked out this tool, looks promising. (tried to save changes without any luck though)

(07-09-2021, 09:48 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: We should discuss where it should go in the VFX plugin UI.
I think is should be part of the "Review" pipeline. Any snapshot should have it's own review sobject, with chat messages attached to it.
Or sobject with reviews:
Asset_sobj. > Review_sobj with process/context, and notes and snapsots in it. So it can be better handled, and files could be saved in folders of original Asset_soject.
Same with the Shots, Episodes etc.

RE: Loading Tweak RV - Diego - 07-15-2021

Started checking this new tool as well

It would be nice to be able to play the video and perhaps play all the given snapshots sequentially

(07-12-2021, 12:12 PM)listy Wrote: Checked out this tool, looks promising. (tried to save changes without any luck though)

There are a couple of bug:

- the classpath spt.tools.review should be tactic.ui.tools
- A variable context is used which conflict with mako own context

Just did a PR it works for me now 

RE: Loading Tweak RV - listy - 07-15-2021

(07-15-2021, 03:04 PM)Diego Wrote: It would be nice to be able to play the video and perhaps play all the given snapshots sequentially
In tools, i worked with, there was ability to review particular frames of the video, with the marks on timeline to check them. As a lighting artist i really liked this feature.

Review file was a XML file, with the all information in it. So it doesn't took so much space on server

RE: Loading Tweak RV - remkonoteboom - 07-15-2021

Yes, I never got around to that. I think first there has to be a more reliable way for the tool to "discover" where all the saved reviews are located. I was just storing them as attachments to notes, however a more centralized list of snapshots where the tool could easily query for them may be better. And then the notes could somehow reference that central place for the specific snapshot.

RE: Loading Tweak RV - Diego - 07-16-2021

About my observation "It would be nice to be able to play the video", turns out the video can be played, just the play button was not visible because the icon does not exist anymore. (PR to use font awesome just sent)

I feel storing review as attachments to notes for snapshots it's an easy way to keep trace of how an asset progress and makes it easy to add a specific tab or view to an asset detail view.
Than a "one to many" relation from a "Review sessions" table to snapshots and from snapshots to notes seems enough for me to keep track of reviews history

I think we the could make the ReviewWdg more effective adding:
- ability to attach more than one image to a single note
- ability to create more notes without changing the state
- ability to play/show the snapshots "one after the other", for example this could help when reviewing the animation for a number of consecutive shots

RE: Loading Tweak RV - Nachogor - 07-19-2021

Excuse the basic question, but where should I paste this code:
<element>
</display>
</element>

Custom Layout Editor / HTML or
Free From Layout / Custom Layout?

Is the VideoWdgt included in the new VFX_Template?

Just want to check it!

Cheers,
Nacho