TACTIC Open Source
TACTIC Bugs - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: TACTIC Bugs (/showthread.php?tid=216)

Pages: 1 2 3

TACTIC Bugs - listy - 05-22-2021

Hi! 
Is there any ota on bug fixes for TACTIC?
There is a lot of issues in tactic related to JS.
I don't know js much and can't do any "proper" fixes by myself.

The development of the TACTIC is completely stopped?

There is a lot done whet tactic started to migrate to material desing. But developement suddenly stopped Sad

I like TACTIC backend, DB structure, API and eth. But the front end is completely outdated in compare to other frameworks.
Any plans on redoing tactic front end from scratch? With vue js or something ?

RE: TACTIC Bugs - Nachogor - 05-27-2021

Is tactic development stopped?
I was plannig to move from 4.5 to 4.8. Already prepared all the plugins to replace templates, etc... but was still waiting for some updates. You think this is not going to happen any time soon?
Is anyone using 4.8 in production?

Cheers!

RE: TACTIC Bugs - listy - 05-27-2021

(05-27-2021, 11:14 AM)Nachogor Wrote: Is tactic development stopped?
I was plannig to move from 4.5 to 4.8. Already prepared all the plugins to replace templates, etc... but was still waiting for some updates. You think this is not going to happen any time soon?

Cheers!
Looks like development of new features stopped. And a few bugfixes added this year. That's all.

RE: TACTIC Bugs - Nachogor - 05-27-2021

Thanks Listy! Last year I read 4.8 was going to be a big game changer, what a pitty.

RE: TACTIC Bugs - remkonoteboom - 06-01-2021

Addressing this directly: I won't lie that Covid19 had a big effect on development here. We have had to make some major pivots the last eight months and all of our development effort has been geared towards that effort.

Everything we are developing on is on 4.8, so that is why you are seeing bug fixes. If something is not getting fixed at the moment, it is likely that we don't encounter that aspect (for example, we don't use "hidden row" in any of our products) and we don't really know about it. We only found out about issues there when Listy put an issue into Github.

A number of our projects recently have not been using the TACTIC UI except for administrative interfaces. The TACTIC backend has been connected to React front ends. As you may or may not have noticed, there have been a bunch of work recently getting better support TACTIC API to use REST calls. We have started documenting this, but it hasn't made it to the TACTIC core docs. For reference, you can look here: https://southpawtech.com/doc/API/
In particular, you can see that there are examples using React.

At the moment, most of the TACTIC Admin UI has been updated to use BMD (Bootstrap material design) and we are looking at upgrading this from V4 to V5. I still think BMD is a good choice as I have found React apps to be very good at simple clean interactive interfaces, but starts to become unwieldly when trying to do something complicated (like workflow editor, for example). I may be wrong with this, but this is my current experience.

One aspect that I think is pretty outdated is the VFX plugins, which is what I think Listy is referring to. Am I right about that assumption?

RE: TACTIC Bugs - listy - 06-01-2021

Thanks fore the reply Remoko. I was waiting for Your attention!

As you may have noticed, most, if not all, who use Tactic as an OpenSource platform use only what is in the public domain and documented in one way or another.
Also, many of the things that are available to create "projects and templates" are done based on the knowledge found in the documentation or on the forums, etc. And on examples, also available at the moment.

Many people encounter bugs and problems and have no idea what to do about it, for example many users tell me that they encountered a problem after a month of torture and not telling me about their pain Smile
And I, just call me "the experienced user", can not fix it all on the code i found not working or buggy, in proper and high level of Tactic code base.

Which gives me the feeling (false, i hope) that Tactic "out of the box" only used by "Listy"

I am looking for the portal.southpawtech, and yep, there is a lot of bugs either, so this make me think something like developers testing platform, and not a final product.

About that arcitcle:
>>A number of our projects recently have not been using the TACTIC UI except for administrative interfaces. The TACTIC backend has been connected to React front ends. As you may or may not have noticed, there have been a bunch of work recently getting better support TACTIC API to use REST calls. We have started documenting this, but it hasn't made it to the TACTIC core docs. For reference, you can look here: https://southpawtech.com/doc/API/
In particular, you can see that there are examples using React.

This is what i looking for. I wanted to start using absolutely BEST tactic Api and backend, to make easy and pretty looking things for the end users. What i need a little examples. Because i'm just a user.

RE: TACTIC Bugs - Diego - 06-10-2021

As the VFX template is the first thing new users will use and it will impact a lot on tactic adoption, it would be nice to change some aspects of the "out of the box" opensource experience tom make it more clean and production proven :

- substitute the outdated "template" step in the "new project wizard" and substitute it with a "activate plugins/plugins collection" step
- fix, clean outdated code and enhance the VFX template to make it usable as a basic configuration
- add more plugins for different tactic uses (I revamped the old SCRUM template to a plugin but it needs more attention)

Unfortunately I don't have much coding time to spare just now, but if this list is agreed by Remko I could do some work on it

Perhaps me and list could join forces and make some bigger and more complex React example, for example I'd like to have "review tool" with a player and a the possibility to annotate on video and add comment s, it seems like e good place to start adding some React UI,

RE: TACTIC Bugs - listy - 06-10-2021

(06-10-2021, 10:18 AM)Diego Wrote: Perhaps me and list could join forces and make some bigger and more complex React example, for example I'd like to have "review tool" with a player and a the possibility to annotate on video and add comment s, it seems like e good place to start adding some React UI,
This is what i am planning to do next months.
The reasons:
Commenting system is very simple, with bugs, and limitations.
Gallery widgets.
Slow VERY slow UI, 20 rows could freeze my 16 cores cpu, and slow switch between tabs.
Comlicated UI, for examle, changin status takes lot of clicks, searching for the user for task is hard (when you have 20+users), and etc.. BUGS
List can go on, like review tool, user dashboard, GANTT widgets...

RE: TACTIC Bugs - aixzhou - 06-11-2021

Hi all,
When I saw this post, I rekindled my interest in tactic.

As Diego,said, there is an urgent need to improve the experience in the video playback function. If I want to play a checkin video, I have a lot of troubles. The current function cannot complete the video playback. How can I do this? There are also interface definitions,.Fortunately, after a long period of adjustment, satisfactory results can still be achieved. Looking forward to the update。

If needed, I can also do some help. I am good at using python development pipeline tools, but not good at front-end development.

RE: TACTIC Bugs - listy - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 08:23 AM)aixzhou Wrote: Hi all,
When I saw this post, I rekindled my interest in tactic.

As Diego,said, there is an urgent need to improve the experience in the video playback function. If I want to play a checkin video, I have a lot of troubles. The current function cannot complete the video playback. How can I do this? There are also interface definitions,.Fortunately, after a long period of adjustment, satisfactory results can still be achieved. Looking forward to the update。

If needed, I can also do some help. I am good at using python development pipeline tools, but not good at front-end development.
Same here, i have little experience in python, but have no experience in js and web techs. So, i was made my own tactic solution to interact with tactic assets and files, tasks, notes.
But there is still a lot op people who wants to use only the web UI... Where i basically can't help