TACTIC Open Source
4.8 Toggle Sidebar - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 4.8 Toggle Sidebar (/showthread.php?tid=196)

4.8 Toggle Sidebar - Bassment - 01-25-2021

Hey guys, just downloaded and installed the 4.8 VM to try out before upgrading.
Might be a stupid question but how do I keep the sidebar from popping on and off when moving the cursor away. And, how come I can't scroll down to see the bottom of the sidebar to access the full menu? Right now I have to tab all the way through the shelf and down to the sidebar just to see everything, then tab all the way back up to see the top of the page again.
Happens in Chrome, Firefox and Explorer.
I'd like to either have the option to lock the sidebar once it pops out or have the sidebar permanently visible like it was in older versions.
Ideas?

Thanks!

RE: 4.8 Toggle Sidebar - listy - 01-25-2021

Totally agree. Left side bar looks not complete, and can be improved in many ways

RE: 4.8 Toggle Sidebar - Nachogor - 01-26-2021

Ahhh, never noticed the scrolling issue, because it works ok with the middle wheel.

Do you think it´s too early to upgrade to 4.8?

Cheers!

RE: 4.8 Toggle Sidebar - remkonoteboom - 01-27-2021

I am not sure what this means: "Right now I have to tab all the way through the shelf and down to the sidebar just to see everything, then tab all the way back up to see the top of the page again."

Putting a scroll bar on the side is relative easy, but was ugly and big (on Windows). Now recently, you can change the sidebar long on Chrome so you can make it look better. Also, the sidebar on Bootstrap Material design is huge with much large spacing. The reason we made the scrollbar disappear is because found that people only occasionally use it and use the tabs more often. The dynamic removal allows you to open it select a tool and maximize screen space for the data viewing.

The rest just press "1" on the screen to bring it up.

Of course, this is not ideal for everyone. The above explanation are the reasons it is what it is, but we can always discuss at how to improve this (examples from other apps would be very useful).

RE: 4.8 Toggle Sidebar - Bassment - 02-01-2021

Thanks for the explanation Remko. Once I have a tab open it's fine and I can switch between the view tabs, but to get to some of the links on the sidebar I have to keep hitting the keyboard tab until it gets to the sidebar, and then progress down through the menu for items that are closer to the bottom.
User Nachogor is correct that you can scroll down with the middle mouse wheel but I was using a laptop and the two finger scroll wasn't working.
Of course it seems to work now after I posted the question but maybe there could be an option for auto hide and locking the sidebar the way you can with the taskbar in windows.