TACTIC Open Source
TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login (/showthread.php?tid=188)

TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - ditto - 01-04-2021

After I update my Tactic app to version 4.8.0 and I login it shows a blank page with some text that should be be the footer of the page - "TACTIC®  Release 4.8.0   © 2005-2020, Southpaw Technology Inc.   All Rights Reserved.  Open Source License - EPL".

Please what can I do to solve this?
Did I do anything wrong with the update process that could cause this?

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - listy - 01-04-2021

Hi!
Have You executed upgrade_db.py?
Any errors in the logs?

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - ditto - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 03:05 PM)listy Wrote: Hi!
Have You executed upgrade_db.py?
Any errors in the logs?

When I run upgrade_db.py it shows this :

-bash-4.2$ python upgrade_db.py
Upgrading to version [4.8.0] with force option. Continue (y/n): y
sthpw sthpw
------------------------------
Upgrade output file saved in [/opt/tactic/tactic_temp/upgrade/sthpw/upgrade_output.txt]
cut_out simple
Upgrade output file saved in [/opt/tactic/tactic_temp/upgrade/cut_out/upgrade_output.txt]
short_film simple
Upgrade output file saved in [/opt/tactic/tactic_temp/upgrade/short_film/upgrade_output.txt]
test simple
Upgrade output file saved in [/opt/tactic/tactic_temp/upgrade/test/upgrade_output.txt]

Errors for sthpw [ConfigUpgrade]:
********************************************************************************

Errors for sthpw [SthpwUpgrade]:
********************************************************************************

Errors for cut_out [ConfigUpgrade]:

Errors for cut_out [SimpleUpgrade]:

Errors for short_film [ConfigUpgrade]:

Errors for short_film [SimpleUpgrade]:

Errors for test [ConfigUpgrade]:

Errors for test [SimpleUpgrade]:
Default project template files have been updated.
Upgrade to version [4.8.0] finished.

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - listy - 01-04-2021

Ok. What about stdout.log, and exceptions log?

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - ditto - 01-05-2021

(01-04-2021, 05:03 PM)listy Wrote: Ok. What about stdout.log, and exceptions log?

The last error in the stdout.log is based on a task that I tried to run before the update -

Code:
method:  set_application_state ({'ticket': 'dafcca5237b3086dc39', 'project': 'short_film', 'language': 'javascript'}, 'top_layout', 'main_body', 'tactic.ui.tools.SchemaToolWdg', {'class_name': 'tactic.ui.tools.SchemaToolWdg', 'width': '1500', 'height': '600', 'path': '/Admin_views/project_admin/project_schema', 'element_name': 'project_schema', 'help_alias': 'advanced-schema-configuration', 'title': 'Project Schema'}, {}, {})
request_id: 140159899113216 - #0000047
timestamp: 2020-12-21 19:46:03
user: admin
simple method: <function ApiXMLRPC.get_widget at 0x7f79bf09b048>
ticket: dafcca5237b3086dc39
(   'tactic.ui.panel.TableLayoutWdg',
    {   'args': {   'element_names': 'namespace,search_type,title,description,database,table_name,has_table,class_name,color',
                    'expand_on_load': True,
                    'group_elements': [],
                    'search_keys': [   'sthpw/search_object?id=142',
                                       'sthpw/search_object?id=141',
                                       'sthpw/search_object?id=146',
                                       'sthpw/search_object?id=148',
                                       'sthpw/search_object?id=145',
                                       'sthpw/search_object?id=144'],
                    'search_type': 'sthpw/search_type'

So there's been no error from anything recent since I made the update.
Also I couldn't find the exceptions log.
Please can you tell me where I'll find that?

This is the last error in the stderr.log -
Code:
ERROR DURING TASK EXECUTION
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/tactic/command/kronos.py", line 842, in threadedcall
    self.execute()
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/tactic/command/kronos.py", line 490, in execute
    self.action(*self.args, **self.kw)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/tactic/command/scheduler.py", line 231, in _do_execute
    Batch(site=self.site, login_code=self.user, project_code=self.project)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/security/batch.py", line 58, in __init__
    self._do_login()
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/security/batch.py", line 84, in _do_login
    security.login_as_batch(self.login_code)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/security/security.py", line 1449, in login_as_batch
    self._login = Login.get_by_login(login_name, use_upn=True)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/security/security.py", line 253, in get_by_login
    search = Search("sthpw/login")
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/search/search.py", line 102, in __init__
    project = Project.get_by_code(project_code)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/biz/project.py", line 223, in get_by_code
    return super(Project, cls).get_by_code(project_name)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/search/search.py", line 5616, in get_by_code
    search = Search( cls.SEARCH_TYPE )
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/search/search.py", line 229, in __init__
    raise SearchException('This database [%s] does not exist' %self.database)
pyasm.search.search.SearchException: This database [sthpw] does not exist

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - ditto - 01-05-2021

(01-04-2021, 05:03 PM)listy Wrote: Ok. What about stdout.log, and exceptions log?

To add to my initial response, I don't know if this will be of help but when I try to print out the tacticenv.get_site_dir() is shows a blank line as the site_dir does not exist.

Also in the login page, the tactic logo image does not show, when I try yo inspect the image it shows that it cannot load the image from src "/context/icons/logo/TACTIC.png".

I don't know how these are connected though but I just feel like it night be of help to detecting the issue.

I attached image of the login page inspected and the output of tacticenv.get_site_dir()

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - listy - 01-05-2021

get_site_dir should return blank if you did not set up "sites" for you tactic. Sites is an undocumented feature.

About Your main issue: try to download little earlier version of tactic. For example, from this point https://github.com/Southpaw-TACTIC/TACTIC/tree/dbcfa3353947d7b1cde90b1fb01186de9c9a8e29
And see if this helps.

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - listy - 01-06-2021

I can confirm, on latest 4.8 sources this bug is can be seen.

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - ditto - 01-07-2021

(01-05-2021, 07:33 PM)listy Wrote: get_site_dir should return blank if you did not set up "sites" for you tactic. Sites is an undocumented feature.

About Your main issue: try to download little earlier version of tactic. For example, from this point https://github.com/Southpaw-TACTIC/TACTIC/tree/dbcfa3353947d7b1cde90b1fb01186de9c9a8e29
And see if this helps.

Hi Listy, thanks a lot for your response.

I reverted to this version but it still remained the same. It still shows the blank page.

Please do you have more information about the bug you found in the latest version and how the bug can be fixed?

RE: TACTIC 4.8.0 shows a blank page after Login - remkonoteboom - 01-15-2021

I pull down the VM from the community site and update and also reproduced this error.  For some reason, I could not reproduce on my other VMs, but a clean one could reproduce it.

I have been trying to push some of the "site" functionality into Open Source, but it was obviously a mistake to put it in the base class, so I pulled some methods out to another class.  At any rate, the new commit should fix this.  At least it works for me.

Please report any further issues.