TACTIC Open Source
Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) (/showthread.php?tid=185)

Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - tim - 12-02-2020

hi
I've created VM in virtualbox. (Tactic 4.8.0.b04).
And when I'm creating stype with collections support I'm encountering error.
I've attached images too

Quote:Error: Search type [test2_201202_differenttemplate/product_items_in_product_items] not registered

File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/prod/service/api_xmlrpc.py", line 5569, in get_widget
    html = widget.get_buffer_display()
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/widget.py", line 486, in get_buffer_display
    buffer = self.get_buffer(cls)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/widget.py", line 477, in get_buffer
    self.explicit_display(cls)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/widget.py", line 444, in explicit_display
    widget = child.get_display()
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/html_wdg.py", line 839, in get_display
    super(HtmlElement,self).get_display()
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/widget.py", line 465, in get_display
    widget.explicit_display()
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/widget.py", line 435, in explicit_display
    child = self.get_display()
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/widget.py", line 435, in explicit_display
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/web/widget.py", line 444, in explicit_display
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/tactic/ui/panel/collection_wdg.py", line 238, in get_display
    search = Search(collection_type)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/search/search.py", line 101, in __init__
    project_code = Project.extract_project_code(search_type)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/biz/project.py", line 573, in extract_project_code
    search_type_obj = SearchType.get(search_type)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/search/search.py", line 6366, in get
    search_type = cls._get_data(base)
  File "/opt/tactic/tactic/src/pyasm/search/search.py", line 6645, in _get_data
    raise SearchException("Search type [%s] not registered" % search_type )

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - listy - 12-02-2020

Hi!
You should create the relationship node in schema "product_items_in_product_items"

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - tim - 12-02-2020

(12-02-2020, 01:46 PM)listy Wrote: Hi!
You should create the relationship node in schema "product_items_in_product_items"

Hey listy. thanks for suggestion.
What do you mean by creating relationship node. Could you give more details on it please.
I just created ordinary node 'product_items_in_product_items'
Which was not that smooth process by the way(i've attached screens)
but after i'm getting another type of error when i'm trying to view that stype. I've tried on 4.7 i was getting same error when ive checked support collections box.

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - listy - 12-02-2020

Hi!
"Collections" is not documented function, so i can't put here a link to docs.
When i have spare time i will try to create collection on simple project and give you step-by-step.

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - remkonoteboom - 12-05-2020

The checkbox on the creation of the Search Type should have created all the necessary relations, including the creation of the "product_items_in_product_items" search type. Obviously something went wrong on the creation process.

Did that node in your schema image get created or did you have to create it manually?

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - listy - 12-05-2020

(12-05-2020, 03:57 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: The checkbox on the creation of the Search Type should have created all the necessary relations, including the creation of the "product_items_in_product_items" search type.  Obviously something went wrong on the creation process.

Did that node in your schema image get created or did you have to create it manually?
I just want to tell you it was never works that way  Wink 
I think it is broken since the days it was added to tactic

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - tim - 12-06-2020

(12-05-2020, 03:57 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: The checkbox on the creation of the Search Type should have created all the necessary relations, including the creation of the "product_items_in_product_items" search type.  Obviously something went wrong on the creation process.

I've created it Manually after Listy's reply. But it did not fix an issue. (I've tried to check "support collections" in 4.7 VM and I had the same error message)

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - remkonoteboom - 12-07-2020

I am not sure why this is the case. It should just create the search_type with the necessary connections. This checkbox doesn't really make sense without creating the connecting search type and schema entries (which would make it the expected smooth process).

Right now, you do have to create it manually. From your image of your schema, it looks like you create the node and named it appropriate. However, this just places an empty node on the Schema canvas. The actual search type for this node hasn't been registered yet. To do this, you would right-click on the node and select "Reigister sType". You also need to connect you nodes properly.

This is all a bit tricky when you are connecting a table to itself (it's much easier with a many-to-many connection between two tables). The collections checkbox was supposed to make this whole process much easier, but it looks like it is only partially implemented.

RE: Search type not registered when 'Support Collections' checked. (VM Tactic 4.8.0.b04) - juanelo_dev - 06-02-2022

Hi Folks,

Was this ever solved? I'm using TACTIC-4.8.0.b04-Fedora31-VM and having this same issue.
Is there documentation anywhere on how to create and connect the required nodes?

Thank you.