TACTIC Open Source
VFX Template suggestions - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: VFX Template suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=164)

VFX Template suggestions - listy - 08-20-2020

Hi All!

As VFX template raised again, i have some suggestions on how to improve it. And may be some of you have some suggestions too.

1: Icons for menu: it is mix of old and new icons
2: My Tactic can contain not only My Tasks, but also My Sequences, or/and My Assets too
3: Art Reference - can be managed with "Collections"
4: Donwload zip archive button for Assets or/and Sequences

RE: VFX Template suggestions - remkonoteboom - 08-21-2020

1. Yes, I guess we haven't converted those old ones from the admin menu.

2. What defines My Sequence? It contains shots that you have tasks in? We need to be specific on what that would be. An addition would be "My Subscriptions" as well

3. Right now, the collections view is a separate layout (that can contain a table or tile, etc), but we should be able to bring up collections in any view. However, this specific item would be an easy fix. We just need to switch the layout to a collections layout.

4. What would you want to download? All the versions of all files? Or for a specific process. I guess this depends on what you need the archive for. More complex "queries" would require a popup with options.

RE: VFX Template suggestions - listy - 08-21-2020

(08-21-2020, 01:35 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: 1. Yes, I guess we haven't converted those old ones from the admin menu.

2. What defines My Sequence?  It contains shots that you have tasks in?  We need to be specific on what that would be.  An addition would be "My Subscriptions" as well

3. Right now, the collections view is a separate layout (that can contain a table or tile, etc), but we should be able to bring up collections in any view.  However, this specific item would be an easy fix.  We just need to switch the layout to a collections layout.

4.  What would you want to download?  All the versions of all files?  Or for a specific process.  I guess this depends on what you need the archive for.  More complex "queries" would require a popup with options.

2. Yes, assets or sequences with tasks assigned to current $LOGIN

3. So it is planned to be available for all SObjects without Schema magic?

4. Yeah, this is quiet complex thing. It should have editor with templates:
[attachment=80]

RE: VFX Template suggestions - remkonoteboom - 08-21-2020

For the collections, something has to connect the sobject to another sobject and that requires a table. Any search_type can have collections, but it needs this supporting table. For example, with shots, you would need a shot_in_shot table to support the many-to-many relationship. The checkbox for "Has Collections" when creating an stype creates the table and adds the necessary lines in the schema. I am not sure how you could do this without this ... well, you could use a jsonb column on the collection to store all the relationships but that brings its own set of problems.