TACTIC Open Source
Is there a way to speed up tactics? - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to speed up tactics? (/showthread.php?tid=157)

Pages: 1 2

Is there a way to speed up tactics? - kanta - 07-22-2020

Is there a way to speed up tactics?

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - listy - 07-22-2020

Hi. I think minimum required CPU and RAM for tactic would be >2 Ghz and 1GB
Does Your PC match this specs?

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - kanta - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 09:58 AM)listy Wrote: Hi. I think minimum required CPU and RAM for tactic would be >2 Ghz and 1GB
Does Your PC match this specs?

cpu  -intel Xeon Quad-Core E3-1230V5(3.4GHZ)
ram   ddr4 u-ecc 16GM
hdd   ssd

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - listy - 07-22-2020

Well, with this specs TACTIC should work noticeably faster than in your video.
The problem should be investigated on your setup, and probably not related to speed of TACTIC itself. (except if you facing a bug)

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - remkonoteboom - 07-22-2020

Yes, listy is correct. That is incredibly slow for a machine of those specs.

If you are running Linux as a server, could you run "top" in a shell and press "1" to show all cpus and then show us what you see. This what system resources is taking all the time.

You could also check if your are load balancing correctly. You can do this by going to Side Bar as admin and selecting Global -> System Info. In this UI you will see a "Load Balancing" section. Click on the "Test" button. However, even without load balancing it shouldn't be this slow (unless there are many users). Normally on my development machine, I am only running a single process and it's performance is far far greater than this.

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - kanta - 07-23-2020

Quote:I also tried'load balancing'.

What was the result of this.  It should something like the attached file.  This image shows load balancing of 5 processes.

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - listy - 07-23-2020

Hi!
I You want someone to make a hint about Your setup, You should provide some info.
For example: 
OS, Network setup, python version, tactic version, speed of your network connection. Also it is dedicated server of VM on local machine, or may be on cloud network.
Typical speed you mentioned on my rig with 2.7 ghz and ubuntu 18 with 2 cores give 150-200 ms

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - kanta - 07-23-2020

(07-23-2020, 11:42 AM)listy Wrote: Hi!
I You want someone to make a hint about Your setup, You should provide some info.
For example: 
OS, Network setup, python version, tactic version, speed of your network connection. Also it is dedicated server of VM on local machine, or may be on cloud network.
Typical speed you mentioned on my rig with 2.7 ghz and ubuntu 18 with 2 cores give 150-200 ms
OS   :  linux
Network setup
python version  :3.6.8
tactic version  : 4.7.0.b02
speed of your network connection.  : 1gbps bandwidth      /  traffic 10mbps
Also it is dedicated server of VM on local machine, or may be on cloud network.

local machine  -   amd7 3700  / 32ram / 64bit window10

The page open speed is 14 seconds.

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - listy - 07-23-2020

You can open task manager and see which process takes most of CPU time.
Also You can clean up all tactic Temp and Cache folders.
Try to access single file from the tactic repo and see time it takes to download it.
Try to ping your server and see time it takes.

RE: Is there a way to speed up tactics? - remkonoteboom - 07-23-2020

I am sorry, kanta.  I mean to reply to your post, but accidentally  overwrite it.  There is no way to undo.  At any rate, my response is repeated here:

Quote:I also tried'load balancing'.

What was the result of this?  It should look something like the attached.