TACTIC Open Source
How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? (/showthread.php?tid=149)

Pages: 1 2

RE: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - EricTsuei - 07-30-2020

Hi, I have try to replace this trigger.py and the autoupdate next task's start_date still happens.

RE: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - remkonoteboom - 07-30-2020

Do you have any triggers in the server triggers table?

RE: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - EricTsuei - 07-31-2020

(07-30-2020, 04:16 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: Do you have any triggers in the server triggers table?
finally, I have found the auto-update code.

in pyasm\biz\task.py

def update_dependent_tasks(mytop=True):

RE: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - remkonoteboom - 07-31-2020

What is calling this function? Can you get a stack trace when it gets here?

RE: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - JimmyMcNulty - 08-01-2020

I remember having the same issue some time ago at my company, even with individual task status workflow. But still Tactic version 4.3 if I'm not mistaken, as our IT is normally totally overloaded.
We usually work/worked around this, by avoiding connections between the tasks. You can still have a custom order of these task, by putting them from left to right in the workflow editor. Sadly just a workaround, so good to see some inside about this.
Maybe this is not very helpful for the issue here, but I remember having already approved tasks set back to handout or something, if the task before was re-opened and approved again. "update_dependent_tasks" sounds fitting as well.

RE: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - remkonoteboom - 08-01-2020

Eric, if you run in Debug mode and on that function introduce a syntax error or raise an exception under a controlled condition (if you have to do it on a production server) and get the stack trace and post here, we can quickly diagnose how to get rid of that trigger.

RE: How to remove or modify the auto date update changes (trigger)event in task? - EricTsuei - 08-03-2020

(08-01-2020, 03:19 PM)remkonoteboom Wrote: Eric, if you run in Debug mode and on that function introduce a syntax error or raise an exception under a controlled condition (if you have to do it on a production server) and get the stack trace and post here, we can quickly diagnose how to get rid of that trigger.

we just add a "break" in "for task in tasks:"

seems it works fine.
please see the attachment.
[attachment=74]