TACTIC Open Source
TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Discussion (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) (/showthread.php?tid=123)

Pages: 1 2

RE: TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) - Dag - 06-02-2020

Yes this is the situation I have here

RE: TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) - listy - 06-02-2020

Well this is not the best setup.
In this case you should mount your NAS to tactic. And set it As Base dir for Tactic
Google for "mount samba share in fedora/ubuntu/centos/whateveryours"
Or NFS if you using NFS.

For the TH just set Your NAS mount path to Asset Base dir. And use Preallocate and Local modes for Checkin and Checkout

RE: TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) - Dag - 06-03-2020

Hi, 

thank you!

at the moment I try to set the network share to work correctly.
Post here.

As soon I have the share work I will try to set the TH.
Thank you for assistance!

RE: TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) - Nachogor - 06-05-2020

Listy really nice application!
I have 2 questions:
1. I don´t see the preview images for projects or shots, I tried messing arround with some settings but no good luck. Should I be able to see them or I´m trying something which is not going to work?
2. I can see all the tasks for each shot, independently of being created tasks or not yet created ones. Is there any way to filter this?

Thanks again!
Nacho

RE: TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) - listy - 06-05-2020

(06-05-2020, 09:08 PM)Nachogor Wrote: Listy really nice application!
I have 2 questions:
1. I don´t see the preview images for projects or shots, I tried messing arround with some settings but no good luck. Should I be able to see them or I´m trying something which is not going to work?
2. I can see all the tasks for each shot, independently of being created tasks or not yet created ones. Is there any way to filter this?

Thanks again!
Nacho

1: Make sure you set all settings right. Checkin and Checkout Method. Get Previews through HTTP. And set proper "Asset base dir".
Also you can take a look at Snapshot browser. By clickin Alt+any item, or from cog menu > Snapshot Browser.
[attachment=61]
2. May be you are talking about Pipeline process items when you expand items? They are here for checkin purposes.

Task in TH are very basic, and used to change their statuses. Can be opened by clicking on tasks buttoon on items.
Functionality of this can be expanded if it is needed.

When i got my hands and spare time i will do some tutorial and Youtube video about how things supposed to work. Sorry!

RE: TACTIC-Handler HELP ;) - Nachogor - 06-11-2020

Hi Listy, I missd this post, EXCUSE MEEEE!!!!
Just read it and rushed to try your answers.

1. Great, it working! something wrong on the preferences on my side.
2. Completely understandable. we are used to only seeing active tasks instead of all the proceses, but this is perfect for adding tasks.

Thanks very much, this is great!

I´m amazed on the UI, we have a QT Designer old design and it`s so less nice! Congrats!