TACTIC Open Source
VFX Plugins - Printable Version

+- TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com)
+-- Forum: TACTIC Open Source (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TACTIC Announcements (http://forum.southpawtech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: VFX Plugins (/showthread.php?tid=114)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: VFX Plugins - Nachogor - 06-04-2020

Sounds great! Already logged it in. Hope It was done right.
Does Plugin Type modify the way the plugin works or it's just to organice plugin types?

Thanks!

RE: VFX Plugins - remkonoteboom - 06-04-2020

At one point we were going to classify plugins under certain types but never really go anywhere with it. At this point, it doesn't do anything.

RE: VFX Plugins - Nachogor - 06-11-2020

Hi Remko!

I created all my spt files but I´m having a problem, sometimes I get this error:  do_query error: select nextval('"widget_config_id_seq"') when activating config file. If I take widget out from the manifest everyhing works, but when I add widget again, sometimes it works ok and sometimes I get the same error.

I don´t know if  I should post it as an Issue in Github because it might be my mistake, because it works ok with VFX template.

Trace attached as txt file.

Let me know if I should log it as a Bug.

Thanks!!
Nacho

RE: VFX Plugins - remkonoteboom - 06-11-2020

Whenever there is a long list of errors, most of the time, it is the first error, not the last that matters. In your case, it is this:

WARNING: could not commit [config/widget_config?project=ramontest05_status&code=WIDGET_CONFIG000000] due to error [duplicate key value violates unique constraint "widget_config_code_idx"
DETAIL: Key (code)=(WIDGET_CONFIG000000) already exists.

For whatever reason, you have this code twice, either in your .spt files or there already exists an entry in the database. As a rule, for plugins, unless you explicitly name the code yourself to ensure it's uniqueness, you should never dump out the code. You can do this in the manifest with the "ignore_columns" attribute.

For example, we often do this:
<sobject search_type="config/widget_config" path="config/widget_config.spt" ignore_columns="id,code" unique="true"/>

Thus when you load the plugin, it will let TACTIC auto-assign the code. This will not matter for things like entries in the widget_config table unless the code is directly referenced by some other part in your code. In that case, you should explicitly name the code.

One other thing we do have in TACTIC code is to make codes randomly generated, ie: SNAPSHOTadfasfaefea (much like Github commits). This can be turned on individually for each search type and would ensure that there is never a conflict. We've never actually done this as a default, but I think there are some search types (such as widget config, snapshot, files) where this would be useful.

RE: VFX Plugins - Nachogor - 06-11-2020

Thanks! It`s working ok!
Good to know about the first error, will help me ask less dumb questions. Thanks!!